Monday, August 24, 2009

i have to say something about this movie

today was a shitty day.
My second art show was this afternoon at BoxEight again, the original paintings, plus 2 more.
I couldn't make myself go. Not only have my two best friends moved away this last week (Emily to Berkeley, James to San Jose) so I couldn't go with them, but everyone else I had brought to the last show have continued to share horror stories about the staff from the last show, and refused to attend this one.
I have terrible social anxiety when it comes to events like this...especially when I feel I'm about to be fed to sharks. Alone. I got all ready, then broke down and stayed in bed.

But tonight was so great.
I saw 500 Days of Summer, which hands down is immediately in my top 5 favourite movies of all time. I hope I don't sound like too much of a douchebag saying this, but I don't think I've ever seen a more autobiographical movie in my life. One thing after another, I leaped up in my seat, hands in my hair, thinking "how???!- what???!! how did they-?? that's what I-...!!! That's my favourit---!!!!.. I'VE HAD THIS SAME EXACT CONVERSATION- --". The movie was so relatable, from both characters points of views, I got teary eyed several times.
The soundtrack, the acting, the story timeline, the details, EVERYTHING was so fucking great. When it ended, I wanted to watch it all over again and again and again. I left the theatre with my heart 10 times bigger than before.

This film is exactly the kind of film I want to make someday; that reaches people and moves them. It's what makes me want to keep going, and reminds me why I wanted to make films in the first place.
PLEASE GO SEE THIS MOVIE.

I ended the evening with Zach and Kris at their new apartment in Newhall, watching Deadwood (but mostly ranting about it) and taking whiskey shots. It was a very good night.

K GNIGHT
GO SEE THAT MOVIE

No comments:

Post a Comment